Friday, September 09, 2005

Good to See Some Friends

This past Saturday, Rebecca and I went up to Waco to see family and friends. We've only been gone from there for about a month, but upon seeing everyone, it seemed like forever. I didn't realize how special Rebecca and I had it up there.

Oh, I do love living where we are now. This town is active, vibrant, small, and friendly...a wonderful place for anyone to live. It has the pace of a small town with the activity (hiking, biking, etc.) of the big city. We have retirees and we have young families. I hope that I get to raise a family here. But that said, Waco was sure good to/for us.

To my in-laws: your hospitality is always appreciated. We've seen y'all several times since the move, but nonetheless, it's good to see you.

To the young professionals at Crestview C of C: Keep the vigor for Christ alive. Keep the group going, because you get so much more out of church if you put effort and time into it. To those that are pregnant, we couldn't be happier for you. Your pregnancies will be in our prayers, and we'll do our best to come see you in your proudest moment.

To Josh and Lauren, specifically: We loved having lunch with you on Sunday. We've missed seeing you guys a whole lot. I (and I think I speak for Rebecca) regret that our relationship to you guys didn't really get off the ground until the last few months before our move. That said, we refuse to let it die. We are only a few miles apart and that's a small drive for the encouragement we get from being with you.

I believe that I can't consider anyone a close friend until I've had a meal with them. That is so crucial to developing and maintaining a true friendship. Well, my table has been blessed with some great company. A plate is set for you, just give us a call and let us know you're coming.

2 Comments:

Blogger lauren said...

We feel the same way!! It was SO good to see you guys and we miss y'all a ton already! You and Rebecca will always be special to us, and we won't let an hour and 5-10 minutes get in the way of us getting together! We really love Austin, too, so we'll be down there as much as we can.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey it was great to see you guys, too. Let's get together again soon. Maybe we can try out those new golf balls. Kev-bob.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter