Monday, July 11, 2005

"What, me worry?"

I saw a recent story that Hillary Clinton compared W to Mad Magazine's Alfred E. Neumann. She started off her speech, blaming tax cuts for todays sagging, terrible, absolutely abysmal economy.

I guess Hillary has been absent from this country for a while, probably on some MoveOn.org sponsored trip to communist Cuba or something. She apparently missed the new employment numbers. About 150,000 new jobs created last quarter, dropping the unemployment rate to 5.0%. Her own lackey, Bill never managed to sustain an average unemployment rate below 5.4%.

What I'm getting at is that there is no limit to how far the left wants this country to fall. The more this country hurts economically, the more we are attacked, the more troops die in Iraq, the better their chances of getting back into power. I thank my lucky stars that I am not in the Democratic caucus when news comes in that another chopper was shot down. I do believe the cheers and high-fives would sicken me.

It's quite one thing to be happy when an opponent does something stupid to hurt his chances of getting into office (sex in the Oral Office...Oval Office, I mean). Be happy, cheer that his destruction could help your cause. It is quite another thing to hinge your hopes on a devastating day for America.

For well over five years, the left has tried to paint W as a simpleton, a liar, and a puppet. Each day he proves them wrong. Here's the rub. It didn't work for his first 4 years in office. The majority of Americans saw through the empty rhetoric of the leftists. Yet, the same tired tactics are being used in preparation for the congressional elections of '06 and the biggie in '08.

The left has to hope for doom and gloom so that they can institute their Brave New World. But America is a nation of hope and promise. That is a terrible position to find yourself in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter